söndag 18 april 2010

About time for a Top 5 list!

  1. Dead Lazers - Kap Bambino
  2. Quiet Little Voices - We Were Promised Jetpacks
  3. 1901 - Phoenix
  4. Fembot - Robyn
  5. Solar Apex - Chateau Marmont
Full Spotify playlist here
OMG, It so good! - Let's pop the hood.

1.
Kap Bambino has hit my music life like a ton of bricks. Last couple of weeks they have assumed almost complete dominance over my playlists with their crazy electro-punk. Kap Bambino is a two-person band from Bordeaux, France. Caroline Martial on vocals and Orion Bouvier on the production side.
On a side note, Bordeaux seems to have an awesome electro-scene, rivaling that of Paris. Kap Bambino and Just A Band are great examples of this.
Anyways, Kap Bambino fully embraces the energy-bursts of Punk combined with heavy dance-floor beats, vocoders and blip style melodies. Where Kap Bambino really stands out is definitely in their attitude and it's just impossible to resist!
Dead Lazers
is the first single from their second album entitled Blacklist. Really cool video to this song as well.
Spotify Itunes


2.
More Punk! Classical, melodious Punk this time. Glasgow's We Were Promised Jetpacks (probably the coolest band name EVER!) are great at producing that type of melodious songs with painful lyrics that I'm such a sucker for. So there is no surprise that I immediately liked them upon my first listening. I strangely found this band through Tycho, of famous internet comic Penny Arcade, as he indicated that he listened to them. I don't know what this means... But cudos to him I suppose!
The song - Quiet Little Voices is taken from the bands first album These Four Walls.
Spotify Itunes


3.
Phoenix is also French! I just love all things french and there is so much great music coming from there! Amazing!
Phoenix has been around for some time but had been off my radar up until the release of their fourth album last year. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is an almost perfect pop album for me, full of great, memorable songs. It was the second track, 1901, that captured me to the band and it's been played almost to the point of death now at my house. That's actually why it wasn't on the previous lists. I simply had to take a Phoenix brake because of over-consumption, they are that good. Listen beyond the great guitar/keyboards and you'll find Phoenix true strength, extremely skilled rhythm musicians.
Spotify Itunes


4.
Robyn! Holy crap, she's back!
Can't stand the wait for the new album and if the Fembot single is any indication, we are in for one hell of a treat this summer. Great song!
This single came out only just recently and i think it's safe to say that it will be a huge hit in time.
Exciting!

Spotify Itunes


5.
French (again!) Chateau Marmont takes their name from the famous hotel in West Hollywood and make smooth, instrumental electro-pop in a similar vein to AIR. Solar Apex is their first EP and they are apparently working on a full-length album. Chateau Marmont represents for me the perfect counterpoint to the more noisier bands i listen to. Even my ears tire occasionally!

Spotify Itunes



That's all! Thanks
/Lo



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar